Do you struggle somewhere between productivity and procrastination? You feel productive and “on a roll” with one thing, but totally avoid something else? What if you could use that productive tailwind that gets created from checking things off your to-do list to fuel those things you DON’T love to do?
- Do the icky thing first. Start your day doing one difficult thing and get it out of the way.
- Prioritize. Think of how good you’ll feel when you get the most important things on your list done first.
- Reward yourself. When you do that thing you’re avoiding, give yourself the reward of doing something fun!
- Use a great tool to really break down every detail of what you need to do so you can get it out of your brain by using something like ToDoist, or Things. (My two new favorite list makers)
- Set yourself up to win. Don’t just say “organize the garage.” Break down the steps into manageable chunks, and give yourself enough time to tackle it