You have valuable information to share and want to share it in a group setting. It is a great way to create an interactive group with multi-sessions, or share your wisdom in one content-packed class. I just came across a new site that helps you put yourself out there and allows you to record your calls, share documents, and is very affordable (just $10 for unlimited callers!). Check out speek.com.
To get the word out, have people sign up to register, and then have people call in, here are the steps to take:
- Get clear on what you have to offer, how it could benefit a group, and how it is a great stand-alone product that feeds into your other services.
- Decide on pricing. Is it a free one-shot call, or a weekly course for a fee.
- Will you offer materials with the call, such as diagrams, guides, exercises, etc …?
- Sign up with Eventbrite.com. This is where you put in information about the class, have people register, email people who have registered, and send out reminders.
- Utilize your email marketing program, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc … to get the word out to people in your network.
- Set up a Facebook group or LinkedIn group that people on the call can join that is private, so that people can connect between sessions.
- Use speek.com or another teleconference site to host your call.
I am currently working on a telecall myself to be done monthly. It is a great way for people to get a sample of what you do, or to dig deeper in group setting. Sign up for some that are already out there, to see what other people in your industry are doing to get ideas, and to get value for yourself.