WHAT IS THE WEB DESIGN PROCESS?
- LET’S CHAT: After a free 30-minute chat to see if you’re ready, to answer any questions, decide which website platform is best for your project, and talk pricing specific for your project, I’ll send over an agreement for us both to sign detailing the project, and invoice you for a 50% deposit for the project.
- THE QUESTIONNAIRE: You’ll receive a link to a detailed web design questionnaire so I can have a clear place to start on your website.
- LET’S STRATEGIZE: We’ll have a one-hour strategy session to get clear on branding, messaging, tone, content, tools, etc …. ( you can do this as a stand-alone session if you are not ready for a full website redesign yet, but it is included if you proceed with a web design package).
- THE TECH PIECES: I’ll make sure you have a domain and are linked up to hosting (I am an affiliate of Green Geeks hosting, which is what I prefer, but if you already have hosting, I can work with yours) so we can get started. I’ll also have you share admin access to any email marketing or other products we are linking to through your site.
- KEEPING US ON TRACK: You’ll receive a link to a shared google sheet for project tracking, a style guide sheet with your fonts, colors, and mood board images.
- WEEKLY CHECK-INS: We will work in milestones together on your site collaboratively. This includes a half-hour weekly check in call or screensharing since things can get lost in email translation.
- THE FIRST DRAFT: Upon completion of first draft of site, layout, all pages, etc … you will receive an invoice for the next 25% of the project rate.
- THE BIG REVEAL: After we agree on final design and publish, you will receive your final invoice for the remaining 25%.
- KEEPING IT MAINTAINED: The process takes about a month from start to finish. After it is “live,” I offer monthly maintenance packages for WordPress sites to keep your site running securely and performing optimally, and can include ghost blogging, or blog editing/posting to your site as well.